Back Forum New

A New Item I Found For Clinkz

Post Last Edit by DKnightJVL at 22-Jan-2011 15:31

Many of you will be familiar with the old hero Bone Fletcher Clinkz: the hardcore dps (all his skills are dps based). although his skill classify him as a dps, but ppl hardly buy what a good dps needs for him and instead go for the item Orchid... which doesnt show the true fearsome powers of dpsers. the reason being the dmg increase and att speed given is rather low compared to items like butterfly or mkb, and it doesnt give the durability to a dps in a clash (no hp regen/ max hp increase). this leaves clinkz to the side when picking a dps for a team. this makes me pretty frustrated because clinkz is my favorite hero. one day i was surfing the net looking at random articles abt dota. and an item came into my mind: arm of mordiggian.

arm of mordiggian: total cost of 2600. components, helm of iron will, gloves of haste, claws of attack and a recipe. gives: +9 dmg, +15 att speed, 5 hp regen and 5 armor, also the active skill unholy strength: when activeated gives +31 dmg, +10 att speed, 25 strength but a side effect of 37 hp loss every second (cannot die from the hp loss or the loss of 25 strength when deactivating). now i will explain why this item is good for clinkz (in my opinion).

clinkz cannot b a late game dps due to his low hp and the lack of lifesteal to beef up his durability and his four active skills put alot of stress on his mana. thats why people choose orchid over other items for him (in my opinion his mana problem can overcomed by just a simple void stone and accurate control of his mana pool, such as always leaving 75+ mana for his windwalk, etc). but by the time he farms out his orchid which is at the cost of 5025 gold, other dpsers can get way better items with that amount of money. this basically makes clinkz unable to compete with other dpsers, thats why he can only be an early game or mid game dps ganker. and AoM provides this solution, with unholy strength activated it provides nearly the same amount of dmg and att speed compared to orchid and an additional 25 str( around 400 something hp which overcomes the problem for clinkz being a softy, and dont complain abt not getting the dmg amplification from orchid, AoM is half the price of orchid). combining unholy strength with his ulti and searing arrows, clinkz's dmg is very high at a time like mid game. ganking should not be a problem at all, and even solo ganking against lone farmers.

now ppl might ask abt the 37 hp loss every second when activating. yes it is a very dangerous buff, solution so far i hav found is a perserverance, giving an additional 5 hp regen on top of the 5 given from AoM. which reduces the hp loss from 37 to 27 and once deactivated AoM continues the 10 hp regen, it should b fast enough to regenerate once u reach your next gank position and a bit of farming here and there. since people usually go linkin sphere on clinkz later on, i dont think this is additional cost...

anyway feel free to comment on this build wether u dislike or not, no hard feelings but do tell me what you think abt it or if you disagree, please tell me why or a better build other than orchid... i hav another build for clinkz which is like... 4 wraith bands, treads and a poor man shield (early game ownage, late game useless).... thank you!

P.S: got the replay up.. very lousy 1 done jus abt 5 mins ago, but u do get the idea of how you should play an AoM Clinkz ( i did make a few mistakes), and jus focus on the mid game before night stalker left, after it was total ownage from us...
http://www.mediafire.com/?d6u6cnk6wl196yf

Rate Count

Bookmark and Share

Because you wrote a book, I'll rate you.

2# BENGALI_7

hahaha! i wrote it like how i would write an haf assed essay... i guess it was a bit 2 much then? XD

Nah. (jk)

arm of mordiggian: total cost of 2600. components, helm of iron will, gloves of haste, claws of attack and a recipe. gives: +9 dmg, +15 att speed, 5 hp regen and 5 armor, also the active skill unholy strength: when activeated gives +31 dmg, +10 att speed, 25 strength but a side effect of 37 hp loss every second (cannot die from the hp loss or the loss of 25 strength when deactivating). now i will explain why this item is good for clinkz (in my opinion).

Give/post a replay with this build and I truly believe you.

Quick fact: I HAVE NEVER, NEVER, NEVER PLAYED CLINK

cant agreed with you 100% clinkz have impact as well in late game its the matter of smart clinkz or stupid clinkz
<<<always saw clinkz owned dps(troll,void) in late game by attacking in formation
If you find me in the game please be kind

Orchid for clinkz is pretty old school.
Nowadays they just get bottle before building up a mkb then a linkens sphere(mkb dps,linkens mana and beefy tank)
using an armlet may not be that effective against better players as they will buy dust against invi heroes and the min u off armlet n windwalk they dust n prolly kill u with a single hit.
and even if the not so good players dont buy dust, there's always the gem. other than that you also have to consider what your enemies have. If they have many stunners they might consider nuking the weakest hero fr fb (clinkz). so  getting nuked while having armlet on is a pretty..bad..idea.. lol

Post Last Edit by DKnightJVL at 22-Jan-2011 15:29

6# `M`onkey

but plz.. dun 4get the near 500 hp that armlet gives when activates, from wat i heard pro players actually use unholy strength to giv a temporary boost to hp in order to endure the nukes, although i 100% agree with you on stunners, but then again.. ur the ganker, you initiate, this is not a dps clinkz, its a ganker clinkz... and the thing on dusts and gem, wat u r saying is basically saying clinkz is useless when other team puchase these items, having an arm or not, again.. this clinkz is ganker clinkz.. not staying-in-1-corner-farming-orchid-clinkz.. we r the initiaters...

oh yeah and something 2 add, i dun need 2 off arm 2 wind walk.. i can jus leave it on.. becuz it wont kill me, anyway thanks 4 ur advice, i might look into the bottle clinkz XD

5# Chezs|Haunt

yeah but it really depends on what you buy, if you rush an mkb obviously u hav the impact and u r the late gamer (the conciquence being u lack mana) and yes it is a matter between a smart clinkz or a stupid clinkz

lol in all i think its the condition of the game lol 500 hp isnt gona save you from bs silence and rupture nor will it save u from lion's ulti+stun..so yeah

will try this inventory next game

Back Forum