Back Forum New

[IMPT] Basic Info About Dotapod

Post Last Edit by Sabotager at 1-Jun-2012 19:11

Hello guys, saboteur here. I am aware that a lack of game rooms have created quite a huge fuss in the Dotapod community. Here's a little information about Dotapod... ...

Setting up, running and managing a website isn't free, you have to pay for :
1) Servers
2) Domain name

According to Sprion, $260 a month is needed to keep this up and running. Think about it, will someone aside from SPRION be so selfless to create a community whereby all of us can play together at ease? He isn't earning any profit from this site. You guys may think that he earns money from the donation. Well, all i can tell you is that you are utterly wrong... ... Take a look at the prices of the low end VPS (Virtual Private Servers) yourself:
http://www.readyspace.com.sg/clo ... s-standard-edition/. The advertisements on this sites are for him to earn some revenue by setting up this site. However, according to him, no one seems to be clicking it and the money earned from clicking the advertisements isn't enough to cover the full cost of him having to pay every month to keep this site alive. So how much exactly does SPRION earn whenever we click the advertisements? It depends on which country you are in. It ranges from about $0.01~$0.90 for every click you make on his site. So, do not, i repeat do not think that your 1 or 2 click will be of much significant to keep this whole site up and running.

In short, SPRION doesn't earn any profit and keeping this site alive DOESN'T BENEFIT HIM AT ALL, in fact, it's a BURDEN FOR HIM. Therefore, where can you find someone as selfless as SPRION? He could have stop subscribing to the servers and stop paying for his domain name subscription a few months or even a few years ago. However, he chose to pledge his loyalty to the members of Dotapod by continuing to upgrade DotaPod by making major improvements to improve our gaming experience.

Have you ever THANK SPRION for what he have done or are you just blatantly treating it as his duty to serve the community? From my point of view, with all these sensitive "WE NEED MORE HOST" threads, you are seriously pissing him off. SPRION has his own life too, he isn't 24/7 in front of the computer. In fact, he is a singer. Do you know how hectic life is for a singer? If you don't, please stop with those extraneous threads.

SPRION isn't making us pay for the service he is providing nor forcing us to make a donation. So why are you even ranting and whining about the lack of game servers when he isn't complaining and banning you from Dotapod for those insensitive remarks you made? Please spare a thought for others by putting yourself in their shoes and understand their predicament.  If you are so kind to click his ads, it will really help to ease his burden on the amount of money he has to pay every month just to keep this site alive.

Just be patient and wait for him to fix the issues.

So what are you waiting for? Stop ranting and start clicking!
Attachment: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?Sign up! (注册)

Rate Count

Bookmark and Share

This is totally correct

We should all click the ads at least 10 times everyday. That will really help Sprion

Don't over click dotapod ads, twice or thrice will do, google is smart, what you are doing is actually "click bombing". Google might disown their partnership with SPRION... ... You don't want to happen right? So, just click the ads once, twice or thrice everyday. Never go beyond 4... ...

I will keep clicking the dotapod ads in a day. After that the whole dotapod CRASH LOL xD

Can we spread this ''AD clicking'' to help sprion?
I wanna win!

Tips: The Author has been banned or delete.

What toking you :O ????

Tips: The Author has been banned or delete.

Have you pod-ers been clicking ?

Back Forum