Back Forum New

Rudy Gay and possibly

LEVI, Finland -- Canadas Marie-Michele Gagnon continued her strong start to the season with a fifth-place result in the first World Cup slalom of the year on Saturday, while teammate Elli Terwiel was a career-best 11th. Penny Hardaway Suns Jersey . Gagnon, from Lac-Etchemin, Que., all but secured her spot on Canadas team for the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games with a 10th-place finish in last months giant slalom opener in Austria and the versatile 24-year-old followed that up with two determined, attacking runs Saturday amid strong winds and varying light. After two races she is sixth in the overall ladies World Cup rankings. "Im stoked -- just super happy that this race brought me fifth place and so, so happy for Elli. She was awesome today," said Gagnon, who had a two-run combined time of one minute 56.80 seconds. "It was a weird race -- it was a bit of a free-for-all. "I knew I wasnt far out after the first run. I skied just like I do in training -- it was just like a normal run." Terwiel, from Sun Peaks, B.C., found herself sitting seventh after an incredible first run and although she fell back a little on her second run an 11th-place finish represents her best-ever result in a World Cup race. Britt Phelan of Mont-Tremblant, Que., Anna Goodman of Pointe Claire, Que., and Erin Mielzynski of Collingwood, Ont., did not qualify for the second run. Terwiel, whose best World Cup results before Saturdays race were two 17th-place finishes -- both in January, 2013 -- took advantage of the wind dying down to put together a superb first run. "When I came down at the end of the first run I was fourth and I did a little bit of an open-jawed spin-around in the finish. It was a little too good to be true," said Terwiel, 24, who had a two-run combined time of 1:57.30. "A lot of things can go sideways so I tried to just focus on my skiing and the things Ive been working on in training this summer. This is my best result ever and its a top 12, which is one of the things I need for Olympic qualification. Its really exciting." American phenom Mikaela Shiffrin made a big mistake at the end of her second run but still dominated to win with a two-run combined time of 1:55.07. Germanys Maria Hoefl-Riesch was second (1:56.13) and Slovenias Tina Maze was third (1:56.68) -- just twelve-hundredths ahead of Gagnon. The 18-year-old Shiffrin led by half a second after the first run and raced seamlessly at the top of the hill in the second to extend her advantage, overcoming a mistake near the end to clock a combined time of 1 minute, 55.07 seconds. "Im really happy with how the day went and Im also really excited because it looks like there are some pretty fast girls in the back of the pack," Shiffrin said. "Im excited for the Olympics for sure but there are a couple of races between now and then, so hopefully I can just keep this going." The basic qualification criteria for nomination to Canadas Olympic team in alpine skiing is two top-12 World Cup results, with at least one this season. A single top-five result this year also counts, so Gagnon effectively cemented her place at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games with Saturdays result. Shes the only Canadian to have pre-qualified in alpine skiing to date. PJ Tucker Jersey . -- The NFL cancelled its Hall of Fame game between St. Charles Barkley Jersey . Of course that doesnt mean hes ignoring it. Thats actually rather impossible given the behind-the-scenes access to the Toronto Maple Leafs the network is getting. http://www.basketballsunsauthority.com/dragan-bender-suns-jersey-c-17/ . Third-place Madrid fell behind and settled for a 2-2 draw earlier at Osasuna in a match both sides finished with 10 men, and Barcelona didnt let the chance escape. Barcelona, still without the injured Lionel Messi, again turned to Neymar after his hat trick against Celtic in the Champions League on Wednesday to convert a penalty on the half-hour mark and restore the lead in the 68th after Villarreal levelled.Every night of the Stanley Cup playoffs, TSN hockey analyst and former NHL goaltender Jamie McLennan breaks down each goalies performance. Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Jonathan Quick, Los Angeles Kings (5) - A goaltending clinic tonight from Quick that started with a not a very busy first period. Quick only faced four scoring chances in the first frame, including a nice one-timer save on Derek Dorsett and two big saves on Mats Zuccarello - one that he creates by himself with a rebound off the glove that he reaches back with his paddle as it hits the post and the other with a terrific blocker save on the power play. He put on a show in the second, though, facing 12 scoring chances in the period, and making huge saves on Derick Brassard (twice), Brad Richards and Martin St.Louis. Quick looked like the 2012 Conn Smythe-winner in that period. PJ Tucker Suns Jersey. The third was more of the same with big saves on Zuccarello, Richards and Marc Staal. Scoring Chances were 22 to 10 for the Rangers, but it was the Jon Quick Show tonight. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers (3) - Not a busy game for Lundqvist, but he made a good save on Jeff Carter down the wall blocker-side and only faced two scoring chances in the opening period. He had no chance on the late goal by Carter, as it hit Dan Girardis skate and changed direction. Lundqvist faced six scoring chances in the second period with two goals against and no chance on either. Both were deflections that he was just unable to get to. Lundqvist faced two tough shots in the third period from Carter and Mike Richards. A tough game to sit and watch when the guy at the other end is playing great and everything that comes your way is a deflection or chance against. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Bookmark and Share

Back Forum