Back Forum New

French Guiana Completely Ignore FIFA Rules And Participate in Florent Malouda

In a summer which lacks any major global sporting tournaments (not any, the Lions and the Confederations Cup don't count) another one got underway during your week - the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Making their debut inside the tournament were French Guiana. Their most notable gamer is Florent Malouda. But wait, didn't Florent Malouda play all the time for France? Yes, he did. But French Guiana are certainly not official members of FIFA, so usually, FIFA's rules don't affect them. For example, the international side competes inside Carribean Cup - which usually Malouda has played in three times.

The Gold Cup nevertheless, is a FIFA certified tournament, under FIFA's rules. Which meant that Malouda seemed to be ineligible to play inside the tournament for French Guiana.

Not that that quit him. The midfielder played the total 90 minutes in Guiana's 0-0 draw with Honduras yesterday evening in Houston. Despite there being a very high possibility the game is going to be awarded to Honduras, Malouda didn't seem too bothered in a post match interview:

It was great. It was very emotional for me personally, I've waited a very long time for the approval in order to play,

It's a great honour for me personally to wear the armband along with represent French Guiana in this level of competition, and that's very important for the people in my country also, and so it's great to be out there.
And as for another game against Costa Rica?

Now I have to recoup. [Wednesday] we'll think that game, but I'm expecting for you to play
The winners of your Gold Cup will represent the CONCACAF over the following Confederations Cup in a number of years time. A 41-year old Malouda will not be there.

The CONCACAF released a statement following the match which said the following:

In regards to the election in the French Guiana National Crew to field player Florent Malouda on this evening's Gold Cup match resistant to the Honduras National Team, the matter has been known as the CONCACAF Gold(buy FIFA 18 Coins PS4 in a reliable site fifacoin-buy) Goblet Disciplinary Committee. The Disciplinary Committee will review the case and render its selection in due time.
Malouda is best identified for his six decades at Chelsea where he or she won three FA Mugs, a Champions League as well as a Premier League.

Bookmark and Share

Back Forum