Back Forum New

'Fat Rob' Kelley slims straight down: I feel 'more explosive'

The 'Fat Rob' moniker remains, but Washington Redskins working back Rob Kelley will be more NFL 18 Coins svelte heading in his second season.

As many athletes do diving deeper within their careers, Kelley cut out refined foods, sugars and snacks via his diet, lowering his body excess fat from 18 percent last year to 13 percent this specific offseason. The running back can already have the difference.

"I feel more forceful, faster, getting in and outside of cuts a little superior, " Kelley said, via ESPN. com.

As a rookie, the 6-foot, 228-pound bruiser rushed 168 situations for 704 yards in addition to six touchdowns in overpowering the starting role.

With Matt Jones headed from town, Kelley heads into training camp because the starter, but will be shoved by fourth-round rookie Samaje Perine. Kelley knows he need to diversify his game and stop in shape to keep the starting role past the preseason.

"It's hard not to state you don't feel some kind [of pressure] when they bring another last, " Kelley said. "But it's the [NFL], someone comes in every year to take your job. If Samaje comes inside here and does what he has to do, it's not his problem if he's playing better. I have to play superior to him so I don't feel no form of way. It's all on me. "

Bookmark and Share

Back Forum