Back Forum New

Sashi Brown: 'We're not scared of' Myles Garrett's discuss

Myles Garrett has built some splashy headlines since being drafted by ( more info about NFL 18 Coins) the Cleveland Browns. The No. 1 overall pick already said he's eager for sacking Ben Roethlisberger within Week 1.

Some coaches and the front office personnel might favor rookies, even first-round picks, to be seen and never heard. Browns head of footballing operations Sashi Brown, however, isn't fretting about massive talk from his talented pass rusher.

"We're not scared than it, '' Brown said Friday, via the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "Myles, if you go back and look at his [introductory] click conference, has the right amount of levity balancing that self confidence. ''

Brown added he thinks Garrett's comment may be blown out of proportion a bit.

"I just don't think the 160 karat twitting and headlines that get taken out of context often should reflect who the individual is, '' he said. "It's easy in this kind of world to judge while using headlines, and I think increasingly we're finding and Jesse Trump's finding this out there, how difficult it would be to survive in a public job which is what being the Not any. 1 draft pick is for about 3 to 4 months and now he will understand it's a longer-term deal that they asked for and he wants it. "

Brown proceeded to break down Garrett's comments like a analyst dissecting stats.

"I don't think people guys can relate to the volume of attention that this young man or anybody who's going to be a No. 1 draft pick offers, " he said. "People are asking him to do many just bits and bits and interviews and photography shoots and all, and... I think we should keep proper perspective.

"This is a 21-year-old young man who's wise beyond his or her years. Just to correct, he didn't say he would hurt Ben, he did say however take him down, but you have to pay time with him. You have to understand what his values are. He's very confident within his abilities. He works his pursue off. He's about as hard-working... as any college possibility we've had. "

To recap: The Browns aren't frightened of Garrett talking major. Sashi doesn't think just what Garrett said about Huge Ben was that major.

Bookmark and Share

Back Forum