Back Forum New

Alcaraz: Beat Zambia and we've got a chance

Not even the almost all pessimistic of Algeria fans could have imagined that their team would make this type of slow start to the 3rd and final round regarding African zone qualifiers for the 2018 FIFA World Glass Russia™( for more info about FIFA 17 Points). Following their excellent displaying at Brazil 2014, the expectation was in which Les Fennecs would be quick out of your blocks, despite being drawn in a very tough section that furthermore features Nigeria, Cameroon and Zambia.

So it was simple to comprehend that Algeria fans approached the 1-1 home draw while using Indomitable Lions and the particular 3-1 defeat away in order to Nigeria with disappointment, casting doubt on the team’s power to reach their third World Cup in a very row.

Coached by Milovan Rajevac inside the first of those suits and Georges Leekens in the second, the Algerians have today looked to Lucas Alcaraz inside a bid to turn their own campaign around. With the Spanish trainer having previously taken charge of many clubs in his home country, the hope was this individual could reverse the team’s luck and bring some much-needed success.

Speaking exclusively to FIFA. com, Alcaraz, who hails from Andalusia in southern Spain, spoke about his first few weeks in the Fennecs hotseat: “It’s a pleasure for me to be coaching a major national team for an important national association. I’m in the process of compiling as much information as I can on Algerian football, both about the league championship and its players, and the ones who play in Europe. I want to know where we should be going and the style of play we’ll need to adopt, which will depend on our methods and the talent of the players. ”

Destination: Russia 2018
Alcaraz’s new charges have a very stiff test ahead of them. Bottom of their group using a solitary point, the Algerians are 5 adrift of leaders Nigeria. The Spanish coach understands the need to flip things around fast: “Obviously, we’re not the favourites, but we have to do everything in our power to get as many points and wins as we can. We have to fight hard in every game to ensure there are no regrets right at the end of it all. ”

Grand espoir face à ce nouveau et passionnant défi.
Ilusionado con este nuevo b apasionante reto en @LesVerts pic. twitter. com/U4c5Z0d45u

- Lucas Alcaraz (@Alcaraz_Lucas) 04 19, 2017

(Lucas Alcaraz: I'm delighted with this particular new and exciting challenge)

The former Granada employer believes Algeria can nevertheless qualify, provided they beat Zambia within their next assignments: “We’re going to prepare detailed for the two fits against Zambia. The FIFA calendar dictates that our future’s going to joint on those two video game titles, played in the living space of just five nights. The players and the staff know what they have to do, what’s expected of them and the importance of these a couple of matches. I need a lots of players for those a couple games and I’m absolutely convinced that in case we beat Zambia, then we’ll qualify. ”

The stat
1 - the amount of times that Les Fennecs have reached the second round with the World Cup, namely at Brazil 2014.

As Alcaraz well understands, there is much more to the group than just Zambia, with Nigeria and reigning Photography equipment champions Cameroon also preventing their road to Spain. He refuses to end up being downhearted about Algeria’s odds, however: “If we can cope with to the last match up with morale high and filled with hope after a few wins, I think we’ll have the capacity to go into it confidently high. ”

That last match will see Algeria take on Nigeria in the home. “If we can get our next home games, we’ll be in a superb position to welcome Nigeria within the final day, ” he added.

Revenge on the food selection
Before resuming their Globe Cup qualification campaign by the end of August, Les Fennecs face an integral qualifying match for your 2019 Africa Cup connected with Nations in Cameroon: “We’re pulling together information on earlier games, so we can get ready to take on Togo. We’re also getting home elevators our players. We really need to arrange in depth for this kind of match, and for every area of the training camp, so that the avid gamers are properly focused and competitive when the match comes round. ”

Asked why the sort of Les Fennecs has tailed down, despite the presence of talents such as Riyad Mahrez, Yacine Brahimi, Sofiane Feghouli and Nabil Bentaleb, Alcaraz said: “You have to ensure that, first of all, that those individual talents work for the team. That makes everything easier for the pitch. From what I know, our players will need to put their poor The african continent Cup of Nations results in it, which will help us inside our task. ”

While some pundits possess pointed to Alcaraz’s insufficient experience of African football and also the continent’s challenging climate, he is confident he'll succeed: “I’ve coached a great deal of African players and several Algerian ones. I know them effectively. As for the local weather, it’s just as scorching in Andalusia and pretty comparable to Africa. ”

Bookmark and Share

Back Forum