Back Forum New

Takkarist McKinley: I have 'best motor on this class'

We know he's thrilled about landing in the first round of last month's AMERICAN FOOTBAL draft.

Takkarist McKinley, though, isn't done talking, insisting the Falcons got a steal with Madden NFL 17 Coins all the No. 26 overall pick in addition to telling the team's official website which he brings something no additional rookie can.

"I'm relentless, " McKinley said. "I've got heart. I do have the very best motor in this class. I'm just somebody that goes hard regardless of what. If it's a tv screen pass, I'm chasing you decrease. "

McKinley logged a exceptional 4. 64 time in the 40 with the Combine after spending his high school graduation days as a course star. A STATS study revealed that the pass rusher notched any "sack, pressure, hurry, knockdown, stuff, impact tackle or move defensed on 24 percent with the snaps he played" very last season at UCLA, per the Falcons' public website.

In Dan Quinn's defense, look for McKinley being used in multiple means under linebackers coach Rob Ulbrich, who coached the opponent in college. The Falcons will likely employ him as a strong-side linebacker in their base defense along with a right end in pennie sets.

"The intensity that he really wants to play the game along with, I really respect of which about him and admire that in his online game, " Quinn said associated with McKinley. "His toughness, his speed... this guy is 14 competitor. He was somebody that we've watched for an extended time, and certainly had in our sights. We hoped he would have time to contribute to our staff, based on the swiftness, the finishing ability, the toughness, so we're really pumped regarding having him here. "

The Falcons quickly improved their defense within the last few two seasons with productive drafts that added superstar pass-rusher Vic Beasley, speedy linebacker Deion Jones as well as hard-hitting safety Keanu Neal.

While the Jaguars certainly not bloomed on defense under former Seahawks coordinator Gus Bradley, Quinn has proven that Seattle's system could be duplicated beyond the Pacific cycles Northwest.

It's fair to query McKinley's "motor" comments having a guy like Myles Garrett functioning in Cleveland, but Atlanta has proven they might develop players on security. This match bodes well with the Falcons rookie.

Bookmark and Share

Back Forum