Back Forum New

Geno Smith Jersey ,Geno Smith Jersey ,

Andrew Heaney Sells 10 Percent Stake In His Brand Income - RealGM Wiretap
Andrew Heaney has become the first Major League Baseball player to sign a contract with Fantex.

The company will pay Heaney $3.34 million in exchange for a 10% stake in Heaney's "brand income Jaroslav Halak Jersey ," and investors can soon buy shares of a stock linked to his earnings.

Investors can buy and sell Heaney's stock on Fantex's exchange. The company will issue regular earnings reports. It is a novel concept, one players are still figuring out. Heaney evidently thought it was a sound financial decision while teammate Huston Street thought it was "the dumbest deal I've ever heard."

Porter Hears Nationals Talk Committed To Astros - RealGM Wiretap

Bo Porter says he is committed to the Houston Astros, despite speculation that he could be a candidate to replace Davey Johnson with the Washington Nationals.

When asked about a Washington Post article that said Porter was an ownership favorite in Washington and highly regarded by Mike Rizzo, Porter brushed it aside.

"I'm the Houston Astros manager," he said. "I enjoyed time my time in Washington. It's something that you have no control over what somebody is going to say or what someone else is going to think. I'm 100 percent entrenched into getting our situation here to where it is we want to be. The situation in Washington is completely out of my hands and -- I'm going to give you my famous one -- out of my jurisdiction."

Manchester City Win EPL For 2nd Time In Three Seasons - RealGM Wiretap

With a 2-0 victory over West Ham, Manchester City have won their second Premier League title in three seasons.

City was on the top of the table for just 16 days out of 240.

City has had a net transfer spend of nearly 100 million pounds per season over the past five season.

Liverpool took control of the EPL title race with their 3-2 win over City on 3-2 Frans Nielsen Jersey , but they had little margin for error down the homestretch and lost a critical match 0-2 against Chelsea in which Steven Gerrard slipped to setup a Demba Ba goal at the end of the first half.

City followed that loss with a 2-2 tie against Sunderland, but they picked up 15 out of 15 possible points during their final five matches, including a 3-2 win at Everton on May 3.

Votto To Have MRI On Knee DL Possible - RealGM Wiretap

Joey Votto remained in Cincinnati on Friday to undergo an MRI on his left knee.

Votto, who could be headed for the disabled list, had two operations on the knee during the 2012 season.

How Votto reinjured his knee -- or the extent of the problem -- is not yet known, but he's been struggling at the plate.

Twins Hoping Hicks Will Be Next Star In Center Field - RealGM Wiretap

The Twins are hoping that Aaron Hicks Denis Potvin Jersey , a first-round pick in 2008, will be their next budding star in center field.

Hicks had a breakthrough season at Double-A New Britain last year.

Minnesota traded Denard Span and Ben Revere this offseason, opening up a potential spot for Hicks.

"I was very surprised. Denard's been patrolling the outfield for a while," Hicks said. "And it's been tough seeing a guy who's kind of like my mentor just leave before I get up there. It's kind of a shock, but it's just how it is. It's just how this game is. Different guys come up. Different guys go down. Guys get traded all the time."

Terry Ryan compared Hicks' arm strength to Michael Cuddyer. The GM described the instincts he has in taking effective angles and making the right jumps for balls in the power alleys. Ryan praised his discipline at the plate, too. Hicks has a .379 career on-base percentage in the minors.

"Aaron Hicks is very capable. It's just a matter of whether or not he's ready Clark Gillies Jersey ," Ryan said. "He hasn't had an at-bat at Triple-A, but that isn't going to sidetrack our opinion that he might be able to jump over Triple-A. He's got all the attributes of being a pure center fielder. He's a switch hitter. He has power."

Bookmark and Share

Back Forum