Back Forum New

Sean Lee 'right on track' for training camp return

Sean Lee was on the practice field Thursday, but it was as a coach at Cowboys U, not as a linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys. When the Cowboys hold their minicamp next week, Lee will continue to rehab from offseason knee surgery. Denver Broncos Jerseys

"I'm right on track, getting better every week and expect to be ready for [training] camp," Lee said. Wholesale Denver Broncos Jerseys

Lee had surgery before the draft to clean up a cartilage issue. He said the surgery was a possibility going back to 2014 when he tore his left ACL in organized team activities and missed the regular season.

"It will allow me to practice more," Lee said. "It will allow the knee to feel better. I won't have to manage it as much. It's something that we knew we might have to do after the ACL. I had a feel for it last year before camp that at some point we might need to go back in there, which is normal." Detroit Lions Jerseys
Wholesale Detroit Lions Jerseys
Lee said he was in the early stages of his best offseason before deciding to have the surgery. He played in 14 games last year and the coaches credited him with 155 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 11 tackles for loss, six quarterback pressures, one interception and five pass deflections. He was added to the Pro Bowl as an injury replacement in January. Green Bay Packers Jerseys

While he wants to be on the practice field, he does not believe he will be behind when training camp starts. He likely will be worked back into action in the first few days of camp as a precaution. Wholesale Green Bay Packers Jerseys

"Hopefully, I'll be out there doing most of everything and taking off and being fine," Lee said. "That's the point of the surgery."

Bookmark and Share

Back Forum